Gone! We never want to see another timesheet again. Actually that's not quite true, after a tonne of research we learned that time-sheets are hated by most people and traditional start / stop / stopwatch timers are frequently misused, they're inaccurate at best and are demoralising for the person using them.
We looked into how we could turn this negative experience into a positive one and yet still keep track of hours spent on projects through the day. If you setup your day at the beginning as a series of To Do tasks each with a time allocated to it, you turn out to be more productive, you stay on track and it's incredibly satisfying to complete your pile of To Do's through the day. So why not combine the traditional timesheet with a smart To Do list? That's exactly what we did...
Before you start working on an item, just allocate the time you want to spend on it. Once you've finished, drag the item to 'Done' and that time will automatically get logged against the job it’s associated with (you can easily adjust the time if you need to as you go). It turns out that this is a far more accurate way to record your day and it puts everyone's focus on productivity rather than clock watching.
If you would still like to know how to track your tasks with our timer - click here.
Streamtime Expert Tip
If you'd like to know more about why we ditched the timer and traditional timesheets for a To Do screen check out the following blog series:
- Productivity & Product 1: Everybody's To Do-ing It - why To Do lists are so popular
- Productivity & Product 2: Any Direction (as long as it's forward) - exploring how important a sense of productivity is to the human condition
- Productivity and Product 3: How Your Crew Do - looks at how to make your team productive
- Productivity and Product 4: You Do (More) You - looks at how you can boost your own productivity
- Productivity and Product 5: Do what you have to-do - how Streamtime has made time tracking less work, and offers the user something for their effort