We are making it as easy as possible to move from Streamtime Classic to the new Streamtime.
Whilst your contacts from Streamtime Classic can be imported into Streamtime via the Company and People Import tool (more on this here), this is the only data that can be brought directly into the system. (although chat to us about your specific needs because there may be more we can do to help with this).
What about your old Streamtime Classic database then?
We know that your Streamtime Classic data is important to keep for reference, and we know that it's unfair for you to have to pay extra just to keep that information.
So, when migrating from Streamtime Classic to Streamtime, we are offering to turn your Classic database into a read-only Runtime app that you can keep on your local Mac or PC.
The app looks and works exactly like Streamtime Classic (only it's read-only), and will allow you to access your Streamtime Classic data anytime, without needing FileMaker Pro.
For example, you may need to re-print an old invoice - no problem.
We are providing this read-only app FREE only for subscribers of the new Streamtime.
Streamtime Pro Tip: With your satisfaction in mind, we ask that you use Streamtime alongside Streamtime Classic for a least a month prior to committing to the migration.
We will keep your free trial of Streamtime open to give you the necessary time to evaluate and prepare for the move.
Once you're happy with the new Streamtime, simply enter your credit card details (head to Profile & Settings > Subscription > Select a Plan) to start the new subscription and contact us to stop your Classic subscription.
It's important to be sure the new Streamtime does what you need it to as we cannot roll your data back into Streamtime Classic once you have committed to the migration.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The read-only app of Streamtime Classic will have one user account with FULL ACCESS. That one account will be able to access all areas of the system, see all costs and run all reports as needed.
- The task calendar and gantt charts will no longer work in the read-only app due to technical restrictions with this type of file.
- Save as PDF will no longer work on Windows - this is due to an Adobe license limitation of the read only app. On a Mac you can use the Print > 'Save As PDF' option if required.
- All copies of FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro server must be un-installed once we supply you with the read-only app (the read-only app is a free Runtime version that does not require FileMaker to run).
- Access to the Streamtime Classic Web interface will stop once we decommission your FileMaker Server.
- Once we create the stand alone version of your Streamtime Classic database it will not be possible to revert to the Streamtime Classic system. It is important that the decision to move is made after a period of time using both, and the differences between the two are fully understood.
- If you've pre-paid for Classic on our annual subscription we will credit your new Streamtime account with the remaining balance.