Tracking your every move isn't human, so we've created the TO DO area to make planning and tracking time easy. Here's how Danielle tracks time sporadically throughout the day in Streamtime.
If you would like to know how to track your tasks with the timer - click here.
In a hybrid ~account manager style~ role, I spend my day chatting with customers using Streamtime, providing training, giving demonstrations to prospects, creating help articles, working on marketing activities and more.
I use Streamtime throughout the week to plan what I need to work on, and throughout the day to track the time spent across these different jobs.
To start, I plan my day using the items I have been scheduled (I also have my calendar appointments pushed directly into my To Do screen 📅 📊 more on that here)
I adjust my To Dos as I spend more time on different tasks. I glance up at the clock on my screen as soon as I start doing something new and then glance back up at it when I'm finished it, or about to begin something new.
Working this way keeps me mindful of what I am doing and actually helps me focus as I'm not flicking between tasks.
The tasks I continue to work on throughout the day don't get pushed to Done until the end of the day instead the time used continues to get adjusted each time I spend my time on that job.
Streamtime Expert Tip
If you'd like to know more about why we ditched traditional timesheets for a To Do screen check out the following blog series:
- Productivity & Product 1: Everybody's To Do-ing It - why To Do lists are so popular
- Productivity & Product 2: Any Direction (as long as it's forward) - exploring how important a sense of productivity is to the human condition.
- Productivity and Product 3: How Your Crew Do - looks at how to make your team productive.
- Productivity and Product 4: You Do (More) You - looks at how you can boost your own productivity.
- Productivity and Product 5: Do what you have to-do - how Streamtime has made time tracking less work, and offers the user something for their effort.